Today is Veteran’s Day and we’re saluting the “boss ladies” who’ve dedicated their careers to defending their homelands.
According to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs:
- Women veterans are the fastest growing group within the veterans’ population
- There are almost two million women veterans
- Nearly 20 percent of today’s active armed forces are women
- One in four women have experienced MST (Military Sexual Trauma)
- 2009-2010 saw a 141 percent increase in the number of homeless female veterans
The VA has created a Woman Veterans Call Center: (855) 829-6636 (1-855-VAWOMAN) Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 10 p,m. and Saturday 8 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Any calls made to the Center are free and confidential and women veterans can access a wide range of programs that address concerns about health care or help them secure housing, educational loans and grants, or get help with other issues they encounter related to their military service.